管理员

网站创始人

积分

最佳新人活跃会员热心会员推广达人宣传达人灌水之王突出贡献优秀版主荣誉管理论坛元老

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2015-9-21 05:36:44 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

习近平曾六次访美,再过两天又要去美国了!随着日期临近,这件事已然成为了媒体和公众关注的大新闻。

在新中国成立时,美国政府曾短时间“眺望”,对新中国进行了长达20多年的“不承认”政策。此后由于美国陷入越战泥潭不能自拔,加上经济不景气,使得美国重新看到和新中国的关系。1967年10月,准备竞选美国总统的理查德·尼克松在著名的《外交》杂志上发表《越战之后的亚洲》一文,文中写道:“从长远来看,我们简直经不起永远让中国留在国际大家庭之外,在这个小小的星球上,容不得使十亿最有才华的人民生活在愤怒的孤立状态之中。”

那时有不少美国人瞧不起中国,记得在40年前,就在中美关系正常化之前的几年里,美国国务院的外交官曾发出疑问:“我们能从中国那儿买到什么?”40多年过去,在美国人心目中,中国到底是一个什么角色?他们如何评价?

这个发生在美国卡罗来纳的6分钟短片是一个具有历史性的绝佳答案。

《当中国遇上卡罗来纳》台词

(中英对照)

Richard Tucker

Memberof Carolina's Chinese Chamber of Commerce

I think the Chinese people and their work ethic is the key to the future. They have emulated in what we did with our industrial revolution and they are taking it to another level and we want to be there with them.

理查德•塔克

卡罗来纳中国商会会员

我认为中国人的价值理念

是开启这个世界未来的关键

中国人曾经羡慕

并效仿我们的工业革命

现在他们正在把它

提升到更高的水平

我们也希望同他们一起努力

Carrie Tucker

Member of Carolina's Chinese Chamber of Commerce

What would surprise you about American and Chinese citizens is that we are more likethan we are different.  Because bothcultures are based on family values  

卡莉•塔克

卡罗来纳中国商会会员

一个让人感到惊讶的事实是

美国人和中国人的相同点多于不同点

中美两种文化都是建立在

家庭价值观基础之上的

Bobby Hitt

Secretaryof Commerce , South Carolina

As China’s economy matures, they wanna hold onto to their foreign markets, they have to go to those foreign markets, and learn that market.

If they want to be successful in America they need to make products here.   

鲍比•希特

南卡罗来纳州商务部长

随着中国经济日趋成熟

中国人希望开拓海外市场

开拓海外市场

就要摸清他们的规律

对于任何来到美国的公司

如果想取得成功

就必须在这里生产产品

Ty Taylor

President of Greenfield TDC America

When a Chinese company purchases a company in the US, I think the thought is they’re gonna come here, they’re gonna buy the company, take the brands, move all themanufacturing to China,  and not do anything to help the US market economy, we’ve found that to be the exactopposite.   

泰•泰勒

远东集团美国绿地公司总裁

我原以为

一家中国公司要收购美国公司

惯例就是来到这里买下公司

拿走品牌把生产线带回中国国内

却不会做任何有益于美国经济的事

但我们发现实际完全不是这么回事儿

Sherry Carter

Workerat Greenfield

We were concerned listening to different things on TV about the Chinese how they were trying to buy up everything - we were all concerned that when they come in they were going to bring their group of people and exclude us from what was going on…but it hasn’t happened.   We are able to hire people on and we haven’t done that in many years.

It is  like a family atmosphere, and it’sjust been amazing   

雪莉•卡特

远东集团美国绿地公司工人

当初电视上说的很吓人

说中国的老板买下我们工厂后

会从国内带来自己的人马

然后让我们下岗

奇怪的是这些都没有发生

不仅我们这些老工人没下岗

公司还在不断地招新人

这可是多少年都没出过的西洋景儿

中国人开的公司

就像个大家庭

这种感觉棒棒哒

Bill Brock

Owner,Brock's Seneca Jewelers

When the textile industry started going out people were unemployed. So the job situation hurt the economy and the localbusinesses, and a lot of people had to go out of the county hunting jobs.  But with high tech jobs coming back, you know, Greenfield did a good job downtown getting that back revitalized.

I don’t mind the company being owned by Chinese as long as they bring goodjobs in and keeps the economy going.   

比尔•布洛克

塞内卡珠宝店店主

当纺织业开始外迁的时候

我们这儿的人就陆续下岗了

就业情况糟糕

经济也更差了

不少乡亲们只能背井离乡

外出打工

如今中国人收购的绿地公司又给我们

带来了高大上的新工作

只要不让俺下岗

只要经济景气

我才不介意公司是不是中国人开的呢

Anthony Tosti

CFO,Greenfield

This company in 2009 was dying there were only 116 employees in the company, and we were able then, when the Chinese invested over 20 million in this company,  to build it back up – to organize everythinghere in South Carolina and build up the business to the point that we have 350employees.     

安东尼•托斯蒂

远东集团美国绿地公司财务总监

那是2009年

绿地公司眼看着就要破产了

全公司只剩下一百来号人

这时中国投资人

为绿地紧急输血2000万美金

公司总算活过来了

又经过一系列重组

现在已经壮大到350多号人了

Sherry Carter

Worker,Greenfield

When TDC bought into it I had my daughter, she was in college- which she’sgraduated.  So that helped me put herthrough college which I was concerned about. I also have a grandson he’s awesome, but you know how teenagers are veryexpensive so thanks to Jeff, I am still able to afford him.   

雪莉•卡特

远东集团美国绿地公司工人

当年中国大连远东集团

收购我们公司的时候

我还在供闺女上大学

我当时很担心供不起了

多亏了公司起死回生

她才顺利完成学业

我还有个大孙子

那可是我的心头肉

可你知道

半大小子吃死老子

多亏了杰夫

让我还能养得起这熊孩子

Jeff Chee

CEOTDC Group

My English name is Jeff Chee. I got this name when I was in university. I got ateacher from Washington DC, it is an old lady, she gave me the name -Jeff.    So I am using Jeff Chee name allover the world.

If you work in this company, you try to love this company, try to make thiscompany like your family.

At the beginning of this company I made that word “The company is yourfamily”     

齐树民

大连远东集团总裁

我的英文名字是杰夫•齐

这是我上大学时

一位来自华盛顿的外教

一个慈祥的老太太

给我取的名字

打那以后

我在世界各地

都使用“杰夫”这个英文名

如果你在一个公司工作

你要试着去爱这个公司

把这里当成你的家

当初我开公司的时候

想出的口号就是

公司就是你的家

AnthonyTosti

CFO,Greenfield

There’sa lot of Chinese values that filter down into the company but it’s also they fit with South Carolina values as well too. There’s also very much a long term philosophy we don’t look at hire andfire philosophy.  we like to get ourpeople trained and go long term   

安东尼•托斯蒂

远东集团美国绿地公司财务总监

绿地公司融入了很多中国价值观

这些价值观

也契合了南卡罗来纳的价值观

比如我们重视长远发展

不喜欢随便炒人鱿鱼

我们通过提供培训

在让马儿跑的同时也给马儿吃草

Jeff Chee

CEOTDC Group

Through the acquisition we are able to produce the products in America and that the“Made in USA” brand for sale on the US market. This is very good for us toenter the high-end industrial market in the States and we achieved it throughthe acquisition.

齐树民

大连远东集团总裁

那么通过收购它呢

我们就可以在美国

继续生产这个产品

然后打上“美国制造”

卖到美国市场

这是我们进入美国高端工业市场的

一个非常好的渠道

通过这次并购实现了

Ralph Laughter  

Manager,Tides and Times Group USA Inc

Well the price of lumber had gotten down so low, that it was hard to make it. And sowe closed the business down. But Jimmy came along and offered me a job, and I was his first employee.

拉尔夫•拉夫特

美国TTG盛世集团经理

当时木材已经跌到了白菜价

谁都无力回天

我们也只好关门大吉

但是吉米来了

给我们带来了新工作

我可是他的第一个雇员

JimmyLee

President,Tides and Times Group USA Inc

Weguarantee our workers who work with us always have a job with us. No matter howhard the economy is. Which helps them to feel the job security, feel happier to work with us, and feel they havea future with us

李建明

美国TTG盛世集团总裁

我向我的的员工们保证

不管经济有多困难

我都不会裁员

只要他们愿意

可以一直在这儿工作

这让他们有了安全感

工作起来更舒心

觉得跟我们在一起有奔头

Ralph Laughter  

Manager,Tides and Times Group USA Inc

I did not know what to expect from a Chinese boss man. Never worked around anyChinese people. So it was quite an experience, and it was a great experiencetoo.  He put a great number of peopleback to work.  Well, Jimmy he counts usall family. When we have our meetings that it was the first thing he’llsays, “He is my family”, so heincludes all of us as his family and he always has.  

拉尔夫•拉夫特

美国TTG盛世集团经理

对于跟一个中国老板干活儿

我原来心里很没底儿

因为从来没有跟中国人

打交道的经验

经历之后才发现

这种体验棒棒哒

吉米把我们下岗的老工人都请回来

让我们重新上岗

把我们看作家人

我们每次开会的时候

他讲的第一句话都是

咱们家咋样咋样

他把我们所有人都当成是家人

一直都这样

Ralph Laughter

It is real good for our workers good for our economy. And we are proud to haveyou.   

拉尔夫•拉夫特

大伙儿有奔头儿

生意也有的做

有你在我们妥妥哒

Professor Xiaobo Hu  

Director,Clemson University Center for China Studies

Chinese companies have invested more than $46 billion dollars since 2000, and that alone has created over 80,000 jobs in the United States .

So this is not just happening in the Carolinas but happening all across America,in just about every State in the country.      

胡晓波教授

克莱姆森大学中国研究中心主任

自2000年以来

中国企业在美投资

已超过460亿美元

在美国已经创造了超过8万个就业岗位

卡罗来纳的故事只是其中一例

各个州都有类似的事情发生

Bobby Hitt

Secretary of Commerce, South Carolina

I think China is very much working to help us with the “Made in USA” brand. The world embraces business and over my life time the world has become a very smalland intimate place to do business. And business, I think, has led to a greaterlevel of understanding and peace. Business leads.  And if we would let business lead we willcontinue to be enriched and we would have less conflict.     

鲍比•希特

南卡罗来纳州商务部长

我认为中国做了很多工作

来帮助树立“美国制造”这个品牌

我的人生经历告诉我

这个世界的商业环境越来越紧密

而商业合作

会促进更高层次的理解与和平

商业引领未来

如果我们坚持这么做

我们的日子会更红火

矛盾冲突会更少

Jimmy Lee

President,Tides and Times Group USA Inc

During President Xi on the state visit to President Obama. I would like to deliver amessage to both presidents. The two nations share the same value, and I would encourage them to continuously invest and promote business between the twocountries.   

李建明

美国TTG盛世集团总裁

在习近平主席访美之际

我想给中美两位元首捎句话

希望他们继续促进双边投资

和贸易往来

Madam Huang Xiuying

Chinese Citizen

I believe that China and US should get along well with each other. We should exchange and communicate more, not only for our generation, but also for theyoung generation

黄女士

中国老百姓

中国和美国应该和睦相处

应该多交流多沟通

不仅为我们这一代

而且为了下一代

Ty Taylor

Presidentof Greenfield TDC America

We all have a dream right? And whether it is an American dream or a Chinadream.  When you wake up as a child andyour parents are telling you, you can be anything you wanna be, that’suniversal right? It doesn’t matter where you’re from.  And I think if we’reworking together and we’re talking about what our goalsare, what is our dream? What do we want to be? Then we have a chance to gettingthere together.  

泰•泰勒

远东集团美国绿地公司总裁

我们每个人都有梦想对吧

无论是美国梦还是中国梦

当你还是个小宝宝的时候

你的父母告诉你

你可以成为任何你想成为的人

大家都这样做对吧

不管你来自哪儿

只要我们在一起工作

讨论我们的目标是什么

我们的梦想是什么

我们想要成为什么样的人

那我们就有可能一起实现我们的梦想

服务华人社会,打造交流平台,架设中巴新友谊金桥!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册 微信登录

本版积分规则

热门图文
精华帖子
热门图文

©CopyRight 2016 巴新中文网  Inc All Rights Reserved.  冀ICP备2021023911号-1  技术支持:金纯.com

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表